Complementary Color Palette Generator
This is the third version of the web colour palette generator. It is simply a tool
which generates (randomly) colour palettes.
Basically for any given colour you get:
- base palette which includes the colour itself, the closest websafe colour and the
closest lazy colour (i.e., #yyy mode)
- an opacity / saturation palette which is basically adding black (opacity) or white
(saturation) to a colour.
- a complete (240 colours, I could do more, but it breaks the page 'design' :() spectrum
of the colour (ie all hues at the given saturation and light)
- five complementary colours (i.e., hue +0.25, +0.33, +0.50, +0.66, +0.75)
- an opacity / saturation palettes for all five complementary colours.
- In addition the 216 classic web safe palette is always there to remind you of things
of returning really, really large web pages (the old version had page sizes of around
256kb, now about 24kb), I've added history swatches at the very top (up to 48 colours
- I think). The history rather illogically comes loaded with 48 random colours when
you first visit the page!?
more things can be found here.